In this unique 3-week intensive course, students will be introduced to the new concept of “Constructive Journalism”. Its psychological and journalistic origins will be explained and practical constructive journalistic skills will be taught by highly experienced HMKW academic staff from the fields of Journalism and Psychology.
HMKW Summer School:
- Provides participants with hands-on experience in developing and producing their own constructive journalism stories.
- Offers case studies to explore urgent challenges to journalism and the public’s increasing lack of trust in the news media.
- Identifies strategies and practical measures with the potential to foster trust in journalism and empower audiences in new ways.
- Offers a joyful practical learning experience.
- Offers three weeks of study and living in Berlin, one of the world’s most exciting cities.
When: 2 - 20 July 2017
Where: HMKW Berlin Campus
All lectures, seminars and workshops will be taught in English.
To apply, please send an email registering your interest to summerschool-berlin (at) hmkw.de by 30 April 2018. Places are limited, please apply early to secure your place.
For your application, please submit
– your CV
– an essay on your motivation to participate in the HMKW Summer School (minimum 2,500 characters incl. blanks)
– a compilation of material on a journalistic topic of your choice (see below for more details). You won’t have to submit the compilation with your application, but you will be expected to bring it along for the start of the Summer School, if your participation has been confirmed.
Once we have received your resume and your essay we will respond within five working days to let you know whether you have been accepted for the Summer School.
If you have been accepted into the program, we will email you a contract.
If you are eligible for the program, but the course is already fully booked, we may put you on a waiting list and inform you accordingly by email.